by Chris Ingham
More than thirty years after they split, the Beatles remain the ultimate pop band -- the most popular, the most respected, the most influential. This new Rough Guide covers the Fab Four from every angle, delving deep into their music and lyrics, their movies, their solo careers and much more. Features include:
- The Life and the Music: from Liverpool clubs to world domination, from Beatlemania to the break-up and beyond, here's the story of the recordings and the gigs, as well as the haircuts, girlfriends, scandals and psychedelia.
- The Canon: the inside track on the 50 essential Beatles songs.
- Beatles On Screen: the movies, the promos, the TV appearances.
- The Fifth Beatle: George Martin, Brian Epstein, Murray the K and others -- the people closest to the Beatles.
- Beatle Country: the landmarks of Beatle lore.
- Beatleology: the best books, the weirdest cover versions, the most obsessive websites, the obscurest trivia.
All you need is this!