"We didn't accept Yoko totally, but how many groups do you know who would? It's a joke, like Spinal Tap. You know, I loved John, I was his best mate for a long time. Then the group started to break up. It was very sad. I got the rap as the guy who broke the group up. It wasn't actually true."
Saturday, February 27, 2010
Thursday, February 25, 2010
Wednesday, February 24, 2010
"It's a funny thing, but John never liked his voice. I don't know why, because I always said he had the greatest of voices, but I guess it's the same problem you have when you wake up in the morning and you shave yourself and you look at your face and say, 'What an awful face.' He was always wanting to distort it, always wanting me to do things to it, to ADT it or double-track it or whatever. 'Don't give me that thing again, George,' he'd say. 'Give me another one.' He was always wanting something different."
- World's Largest Beatles Tribute Festival Says 'Yeah, Yeah, Yeah' to Washington, D.C.'s Gaylord National Resort (PR Newswire)
- Lilly Scott gets by with a little help from The Beatles (USA Today)
- Abbey Road Studio Given Protected Status (New York Times)
- Beatles' Penny Lane barber Tony Slavin sees tourists flock to rival (Daily Mail)
- Review: Yoko Ono at Noise Pop (San Jose Mercury News)
- Paul McCartney to tour the US this spring (Independent)