Press release from EMI:
EMI Music is set to embark upon a sweeping catalogue initiative to commemorate John Lennon's 70th Birthday.
On October 5th, the 'Gimme Some Truth' catalogue campaign will launch, timed to coincide with what would have been John Lennon's 70th birthday on October 9th.
Overseen by Yoko Ono, the project features:
- Eight albums remastered from John's original mixes
- 'Double Fantasy Stripped Down' 1980 GRAMMY Award winner for Album of the Year presented with a newly remixed 'Stripped Down' version produced by the album's original co-producers, Yoko Ono and Jack Douglas
- 'Power To The People: The Hits', a 15 track collection of John's hits - in both an audio-only CD format and a CD / DVD Experience format, containing the 15 videos for the hits
- 'Gimme Some Truth' - a 4CD collection based on the key themes in John's music: Working Class Hero - socio-political songs; Woman - love songs; Borrowed Time - life lessons songs; and Roots - rock 'n' roll roots songs
- An 11CD and digital John Lennon Signature Box - including all eight studio albums, a disc of 13 previously unreleased home tapes and studio outtakes, an EP of the non-album singles and B-sides, a 60 pg book celebrating John's life and solo career with liner notes by Anthony DeCurtis, a 70th birthday art print of one of John's drawings and personal essays written by Yoko Ono, Sean Lennon and Julian Lennon especially for this lavish collection.
- An exciting interactive online universe available with select releases from the project to immerse yourself in the world of John Lennon