Friday, December 18, 2009

Chris Thomas on "Piggies" and "Something"

"We were doing George's song 'Piggies,' and I was wandering around the studio looking for any weird instruments hanging around from a classical session. Sometimes you'd find old things and you'd use them on the record. You might get an idea for it. I saw the harpsichord, which was actually set up in number one, the big classical studio. I said, 'Why don't we use the harpsichord?' So we went into number one and started playing around on it and George actually played me 'Something' that night. I said, 'That's great! We should be working on that.' He said, 'Do you really think it's good?' I said, 'Yeah.' Then he said, 'Well, maybe I'll give it to Jackie Lomax.' I really wanted us to do 'Something' that night but, of course, it was left for about a year or so until the next album. We did 'Piggies' instead."

No comments: