"Ain't She Sweet" is a song composed by Milton Ager (music) and Jack Yellen (lyrics) and published in 1927 by Edwin H. Morris & Co., Inc./Warner Bros., Inc. It became popular in the first half of the twentieth century, one of the smash hit songs that typified the Roaring Twenties. Like "Happy Days Are Here Again" (1929), it became a Tin Pan Alley standard. Both Ager and Yellen were elected to membership in the Songwriters Hall of Fame.
* Ben Bernie and his Orchestra - 1927
* Gene Austin - 1927
* Johnny Marvin - 1927
* Lillian Roth -1933
* Mr. Goon-Bones & Mr. Ford - 1949
* Paul Ash and his Orchestra
* Winifred Atwell - Decca Records
* Frank Banta
* Pearl Bailey - 1949 Harmony Records
* Bunny Berigan & His Orchestra - 1940
* Sally Blair - EMI Records Group, N.A.
* Eddie Cantor
* Judy Carmichael - 1985
* Benny Carter - Contemporary Records
* Bill Coleman, Stephane Grappelli - Classic Jazz Records
* Jackie Davis - Capitol Records
* Eric Delaney and his Band - EMI Records Group, N.A.
* Tommy Dorsey - Decca Records
* The Dukes of Dixieland - Audio Fidelity Records
* Erroll Garner
* Ken Griffin - Columbia Records
* Annette Hanshaw - 1927 - PATHÉ Actuelle
* Fletcher Henderson - Disques Swing Records
* Joe "Mr Piano" Henderson- Pye UK Records
* The Milt Herth Trio - Coral Records
* Michael Holliday - EMI Records Group, N.A.
* Ferlin Husky - 1959
* Jack Hylton and his Orchestra - EMI Records Group, N.A.
* Harry James & His Orchestra - 1945
* Sammy Kaye - 1960
* Enoch Light and his Orchestra
* Meade “Lux” Lewis
* Guy Lombardo & His Royal Canadians - 1966
* Jimmie Lunceford and his Orchestra - 1939 - Columbia Records
* Johnny Maddox - Dot Records
* The Johnny Mann Singers - Liberty Records
* Billy May - Capitol Records
* The Modernaires - Coral Records
* The Moms and Dads - Crescendo Records
* Joyce Moody - Sixpence, Inc.
* Russ Morgan and his Orchestra - Capitol Records
* Eddie Peabody
* Mel Powell Trio
* Duffy Power
* Frank Sinatra - 1962
* Jimmy Smith
* Big Joe Turner - Classic Jazz Records
* Gene Vincent & the Blue Caps - 1956 Capitol Records
* Ben Webster, Frank Rosolino - Contemporary Records
* Lawrence Welk and his Orchestra - Ranwood Records Inc.
"Ain't She Sweet" was also performed by The Beatles (with Lennon on lead vocals). It was recorded on June 23, 1961 at the Friedrich-Ebert-Halle, Hamburg, Germany with Pete Best on drums, and Bernard Purdie for drum overdubs, produced by Bert Kaempfert, released in 1964, May 29 on Polydor NH 52-317 (UK). A different rendition, recorded during a jam session in 1969 with Ringo Starr on drums, was released on The Beatles Anthology 3.
Fabian; Hoosier Hot Shots; Ray Anthony; Nat King Cole; Tiny Hill & The Hilltoppers; The Playboys; The Viscounts; Frankie Lymon & The Teenagers: ........ and many others recorded Ain't She Sweet.
Selected Appearances in Film/TV Shows
* Duck Soup (Paramount Pictures, 1933)
* The Eddy Duchin Story (Columbia Pictures, 1955)
* Strangers on a Train (Warner Brothers, 1951) instrumental in background of carnival scenes
* You're My Everything (Twentieth Century Fox, 1949)
* You Were Meant for Me (Twentieth Century Fox, 1948)
* House M.D. Season 2, Episode 9: "Deception"
Music by Milton Ager
Lyrics by Jack Yellen
Original artist: Ben Bernie