by Maxwell Mackenzie
JOHN, PAUL, GEORGE AND RINGO STILL RULE! Four unmatched artists who changed popular music forever, their remarkable legacy endures--with classic songs that grace the airwaves to this very day, winning a new generation of devoted fans to the fold almost thirty years after the quartet disbanded. From the birth of "Beatlemania" to the final days of a phenomenon--from "Meet the Beatles" to "Let It Be"--this incomparable volume is a treasure trove of little-known facts, fascinating trivia, and startling behind-the-scenes revelations about the most dynamic and influential musical powerhouse to ever hit a concert stage or recording studio.
- The wild days and wilder nights at Hamburg's Kaiserkeller . . .
- The groundbreaking album recorded in one session . . .
- The missed appearance that sparked a political melee in Manila . . .
- The famous faces removed from the "Sgt. Pepper" cover . . .
- The last song ever performed in concert--and their last day together in the studio . . .
- The movies, the Maharishi, the madness . . . and more!
For anyone who lived the magic--and for every newcomer newly entranced by the joyful power of the memorable music and lyrical lyrics--here is every little thing you ever wanted to know about the Beatles.