Saturday, February 11, 2006

Here Comes The Sun

AUTHORSHIP Harrison (1.00)
HARRISON: "[This] was written at the time [early 1969] when Apple was getting like school, where we had to go and be businessmen, all this signing accounts, and 'sign this' and 'sign that.' Anyway, it seems as if winter in England goes on forever; by the time spring comes you really deserve it. So one day I decided - I'm going to 'sag off' Apple - and I went over to Eric [Clapton]'s house. I was walking in his garden. The relief of not having to go and see all those dopey accountants was wonderful, and I was walking around the garden with one of Eric's acoustic guitars and wrote 'Here Comes The Sun.' " I Me Mine

RECORDED
July 7, 1969, at Abbey Road, with overdubbing added July 8 and 16 and August 6, 11, 15, and 19

INSTRUMENTATION
McCARTNEY: bass, harmony vocal, handclaps
LENNON: acoustic guitar, harmony vocal, handclaps
HARRISON: acoustic guitar, Moog synthesizer, lead vocal, handclaps
STARR: drums, handclaps
SESSION MUSICIANS: strings

No comments: