Thursday, January 05, 2006

Come And Get It

AUTHORSHIP McCartney (1.00)
McCARTNEY: "I wrote this very late one night at Cavendish Avenue, leaving Linda in bed and saying, 'I've got an idea for a song.' I went downstairs and just whispered it into my tape recorder. I played it very quietly so as not to wake her. I knew it was a very catchy song." Paul McCartney: Many Years from Now

Recorded by Badfinger in August 1969. McCartney recorded an elaborate demo of the song in one hour on July 24 and then, on August 2, produced the Badfinger recording session that yielded this big hit. The Complete Beatles Recording Sessions: The Official Story of the Abbey Road Years 1962-1970

McCARTNEY: "I ran in and did it very quickly with Phil MacDonald, the engineer. And I said to Badfinger, 'You should copy this faithfully.' They said, 'But we'd like to change it a little bit.' I said, 'No, it's absolutely the right arrangement.' They said, 'But-' I said, 'Change the B side, or change all the other stuff on the album, make those all yours, but please don't change this. I can guarantee it's a hit." Paul McCartney: Many Years from Now

No comments: