Wednesday, January 18, 2006

And Your Bird Can Sing

AUTHORSHIP Lennon (.8) and McCartney (.2)
McCARTNEY: " 'And Your Bird Can Sing' was John's song. I suspect that I helped with the verses because the songs were nearly always written without second and third verses. I seem to remember working on that middle-eight with him but it's John song, 80-20 to John." Paul McCartney: Many Years from Now

RECORDED
April 20, 1966, at Abbey Road, but remade April 26

INSTRUMENTATION
McCARNTEY: bass, harmony vocal
LENNON: rhythm guitar, lead vocal
HARRISON: lead guitar, harmony vocal
STARR: drums, tambourine

COMMENTS BY BEATLES
LENNON: "Another horror." Hit Parader (April 1972)

LENNON: "Another of my throwaways." September 1980, All We Are Saying: The Last Major Interview with John Lennon and Yoko Ono

HARRISON: "Listening to the [compact discs], there are some really good things [that can be heard], like 'And Your Bird Can Sing,' where I think it was Paul and me, or maybe John and me, playing in harmony - quite a complicated little line that goes right through the middle-eight." Guitar (November 1987)

No comments: