Saturday, October 25, 2008

The Beatles: A Long and Winding Road

Label: Black Hill

They shook the world. They changed the course of history. They are much more than just a rock group; they are a part of our lives. The Beatles: A Long and Winding Road is the incredible story of the world's enduring love affair with four lads from Liverpool who became the soundtrack for a generation.

This DVD features the story of The Beatles: from the birth of the band, to their break up and the deaths of John and George. Containing footage from the UK and abroad it details their leap to success and the bitter disagreements that led to their winding up in the courts by Paul McCartney.

The Beatles: A Long And Winding Road features various conversations and filmed events that follow the group's relentless sweep through the musical boundaries of the world.

DVD 1:
There Are Places I Remember (1940-1958)
One And One Is Three (1958-1960)

Scene Index:
Show Open: There are Places I Remember
You say it's your birthday
Johnny be good
The Rock Island Line
Oh, Teddy Boy
The King and I
July 6th, the turning point in the history of music
Cut the rock
One & One Is Three (1958-1960)
Painting testimonial pictures
So, may I introduce to you . . .
Out of college, money's spent
Ja, Ja, Ja
This way, Herr will challenge the world
Got to be good lookin', cuz' he's so hard to see
Why don't we do it in the Strasse

DVD 2:
Hamburg and Herr Epstein (1960-1962)
Beatlemania (1963-1966)

Scene Index:
Hamburg & Herr Epstein
Just let me hear some of that Rock 'n' Roll music
Baby's in black
Everybody had a good time
Turn me on, when I get lonely
If you're down, he'll pick you up
You don't realize how much I need you
Gonna mail it to my local DJ
Beatlemania
And have you travelled very far?
Gee, it's good to be back home
They're gonna put me in the movies
Eight arms to hold you
And I'm not what I appear to be
Don't let me down
All I gotta do is act naturally

DVD 3:
Love, Litigation and Let It Be (1967-present)
Bonus Material

Scene Index:
Love, Litigation and Let It Be
Love, Love, Love
The man with the foolish grin
In the land of submarines
Helter Skelter
In times of trouble
I read the news today, oh boy
Alistair Taylor Interview

BONUS DVD:
Scene Index:
Julia Baird Interview
Bill Harry Interview
Tony Sheridan Interview
Alf Bicknell Interview
Alistair Taylor Interview

Rent or purchase this DVD from BLOCKBUSTER Total Access - click to activate coupon for $10 off your first month.

No comments: